RICK RACK NINES

 

After a brief intermission for a knee replacement, I’m back to quilting!  The Rick Rack Nines quilt is complete and ready for Show and Tell.  See the picture below.


My next project is called Follow the Leader.  This quilt was designed by Weeks Ringle and Bill Kerr and was printed in “Modern Quilts Illustrated”.  I’m not a big fan of the modern quilting method but this pattern seemed to be a quick project to get back into the groove.  Modern quilting generally is less about patchwork and scrappy piecing and more closely related to “modern art”, identified by use of bold colors and prints, high contrast and graphic areas of solid color, improvisational piecing, minimalism, and expansive negative space.  I chose bright colors for this quilt as you will see in the picture provided.  The Modern Quilt Guild (
www.modernquiltguild.com) was established for adherents of this method.



In my last column I talked about a Block of the Month project that I had signed up for through www.Stitchin’Heaven.com, a Texas quilt shop with a large online presence.  I, unfortunately, have not kept up with the sewing of my monthly shipments of precut, prefused applique pieces so I will be giving some attention to that project in the coming days and will share my progress in my next column.  This is really a fun project as it is based on the retro pull-along campers of years ago before RV’s took the world by storm.  I shared a picture of Block One last time and am sending a picture of Block Two.


Happy Sewing!

Roselyn Chaffin, Past President, Lansing Clippers

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

New Neighborhood Group - Pattern Works

Year in Review - 2023