New Neighborhood Group - Pattern Works

 

New Neighborhood Group

Lansing Clippers, are you ready for one more Neighborhood Group?  I see a need for a group that works on patterns.  I think Bev has sparked an interest in many of our members to try pattern hacking or pattern mashing.  I also know there are many who are frustrated because they can’t get a pattern to fit, and I think there are even a few who would like to learn to draft a pattern, etc.

I think now is the time for a group of us to gather on a monthly or bi-monthly basis to learn how to do more with our patterns.  With a little research and some work, we could learn to get a better fit, make changes to our patterns, and maybe even draft our own patterns.  As I said, this would take research and work by each of us in the group.  We would need to share our knowledge and experience; as well as, do some research. 

I suggest we hold an initial meeting to get an idea of what the members would like to accomplish at a NG like this and if they would commit to do the work necessary to find the techniques needed and to share those techniques with each other.  I already know a couple of excellent resources we could use.

Are you interested?  If so, please contact me.  If you are a member of the Lansing Clippers, you have my telephone number and email address.  Please contact me by either of those methods or leave me a note at the bottom of this post under “Comments”.

If you are not a member of the Lansing Clippers and are interested in this, please contact me by leaving a response at the bottom of this post as a comment and I will let you know what is required for membership in the Lansing Clippers.  You could also go to our website at https://www.lansingclippers.com/ to get information about joining our group.

Judy Huhn 
2huhns@gmail.com

Comments

  1. I would be interested in learning more about pattern fitting. Thank you. Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, please! This is my biggest sewing challenge. Not sure what I can contribute, but I'm definitely willing to try.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd be interested in this group if I can make the meetings. ~ Diane Wilson

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would be interested in learning how to adjust a pattern for a better fit. Kathy Soderberg

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not sure how much space you would need but I can offer the classroom at Seams for a monthly get together, depending on time etc.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jessy! We plan to have the first meeting on the second Saturday of April at the Delta Township Community Library in Lansing. We will see how many interested people attend that meeting and will then know what size room we will need. Thank you for your generous offer. We will get back to you after the first meeting. - Judy Huhn

      Delete
  6. Hope this message reaches you! I don't have last year's directory, but wanted to let you know that, unfortunately, I won't be able to attend the first meeting on April 13. I have another commitment that morning, but I hope to make it to the May meeting.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Year in Review - 2023