DAZZLING SCRAPS

The scrappy quilt-making charity project is coming to a close.  The final two quilts are completed and ready for hand-off to the Lansing City Rescue Mission.  The agency has been most appreciative of the items received as part of the Lansing Clippers Community Service Program for the 2022 year.  Next year (2023) the Clippers will be sewing for the Ingham County Animal Control Shelter and the Infant & Children’s Closet at the Pilgrim Congregational  Church.

In my last column I shared with you my plans for completing the Follow the Leader quilt pattern which I found in “Modern Quilts Illustrated”.  This quilt utilized some of my fat quarters collection of fabric and was bright.  My next quilt, Dazzling Scraps, did not live up to its name as I used some of my civil war reproduction fabric collection which is much more subdued in color.  This pattern I found in the December/January 2012 issue of “Quilt” magazine.  Pictures of both quilts are provided.

 



My progress on the Campers Block of the Month quilt saw only a little progress this period.  I have completed the first four out of eight blocks total and added the sashings, so they are connected together.  I hope to complete this quilt by the end of December and will share a picture of it at that time.   I have also been working on my home decorating project (a quilt) which I will enter in our guild’s challenge competition at our December meeting.  My plans after that include getting back into garment sewing.

Happy New Year!

Roselyn Chaffin, Past President, Lansing Clippers

Comments

  1. City Rescue Mission workers opened the last two quilts you donated, and were full of admiration for them, Roselyn. Your work is being quietly appreciated. These are generous and kind works of heart.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

New Neighborhood Group - Pattern Works

Year in Review - 2023